Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Trip to Illinois- Day #2

Surprisingly enough it wasn't freezing cold during our trip back to Illinois. I bought Charlotte gloves, a hat, a scarf, and she had her little pea coat and I was questioning whether or not to buy her a snowsuit. I sure am glad that I didn't! Don't get me wrong, it was way colder than Charleston, but I was expecting single digits or teens and snow everywhere.

Our second day in Illinois was spent wrapping Christmas presents, finishing up some last minute Christmas shopping, and eating... always eating.

A MUST eat everytime I go back to Illinois is Avanti's... excellent somewhat fast Italian food.

This was Charlotte's first Avanti's experience and first tomatoe-based pasta experience... she loved it!

We ventured to the Northwoods Mall for last minute shopping. Oh the memories that mall holds :) We saw the cheap little train thingy with no one in line so Charlotte and I rode the train. She's pumped. Can you tell????

This is an action shot. She really isn't sure what to think. So serious.

All done! We made it. She was a bit relieved... I mean this train does go pretty fast.

For dinner, my best friend from high school came over to mom and dad's house for dinner. She brought her husband and beautiful Ella with her... along with her bun in the oven. We were so excited to be pregnant together. Jodi looked absolutely gorgeous as always. We are so happy that we are still friends, still close. Our only wish is that we lived in the same town so we could see each other all of the time :(

This is a really good picture of me. I put on my best outfit...and lots of make-up. But this is the only pic that we have of us four together. We need to work on that.

Both girls ready for bed in their jammies. Ella's made her look like an elf! SO CUTE. Charlotte is just a cheetah...on the prowl.

Charlotte loves her Jodi :)

And Aunt Bare can't resist these adorable jammies!

It was a successful second day of our trip. My main job every Christmas is doing all of the wrapping of the presents. So the first and second night I wrapped my rear end off to get everything wrapped to be opened. I LOVE wrapping so I don't complain.

On to day #3...

No comments:

Post a Comment