Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Trip to Illinois- Day #4 - Part #1

When we are in Illinois visiting, it is so difficult to see everyone that I want to see. I don't just fly in and set up shop in one place and remain there for 5 days. I fly in, drive all over the state, and fly back home. It is not a vacation. I am actually more tired by the time I get back home. However, it is all worth it.

One person I really try hard to see everytime that I come back is one of my very best friends in this entire world, Brianne. Brianne and I met on the very first day of college, in our very first Chemistry class. We were both nursing majors and we just so happened to sit next to each other. We were from the same county, both small town girls, both with serious CRAPPY boyfriends, both good students. We were a perfect pair. It's been love ever since :)

We have been through so very much together. We've been through being roommates, nursing school, bar crawls, vacations, boyfriends, break ups, moves, job changes, deaths in the family, difficult friends, weddings, weight gain, weight loss, love for food, hate for food, you name it. We know each other so well. I am so proud of her and the person that she is. She has come a long way in the last 8 months. She is a rockstar.

SO anywho, we met for breakfast on the way to the Weber Family Christmas. We met at Cracker Barrell... always a favorite.

Charlotte was so excited to see her Aunt B.

So, Brianne was coming from seeing her boyfriend and his parents when we met up with her for breakfast. Her boyfriend, unbeknownst(sp?) to her, has been calling me talking to me about he was planning to propose to her. I knew that he was going to propose this night when she got off of work. I wanted to be the first person to congratulate her on their engagement so I decided to get her a card and put it somewhere in her car. My mom and sister were in on it bc Brianne is one of the most observant people I know. I had to be sneaky. So my mom pretended she wanted to see Brianne's BMW and sit in it and drive it. This is why we have a pic of Charlotte. Mary went over to the passenger seat and put the card under the seat. I then texted her boyfriend and let hime know where to find the card. :) And he even remembered to give it to her immediately after.

I can't wait until August 31st to celebrate the most important day of her life with her. I love this girl and don't know where I would be without her.

Thanks for getting up and meeting us, B. WE LOVE YOU! I love that I saw you on the day you became engaged!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment