Thursday, December 8, 2011

A little surprise the day she turned 10 months old :)


Decemeber 8, 2011 started out like any other morning. Our crazy little Goose woke up and joined us in our bed for morning talks, rolling around in the bed and lots of giggles.


While her and daddy played and talked...


...I decided to go into the bathroom, turn on the water, and take a bit of a test...







...and the results were...


I had wondered how to tell Alex when we got pregnant with baby #2. When we were pregnant with Charlotte, Alex was in Morroca (sp?) with the Marine Corps so I was almost 6 weeks pregnant before he found out (and I found out when I was 4 weeks exactly.) I told him by putting "Baby Jackson" on a shirt and wearing it when I picked him up from the drill center.

When the pregnancy test actually said "pregnant" this time and I really truly did NOT think it would, I started to panic. I had no idea I would end up pregnant so it really caught me off guard.

I figured I was probably a bit pale, slightly shakey, and felt like I could possibly throw up (a feeling that has stayed with me for 10 weeks now.) So instead of some huge production or instead of presenting this little pee stick to Alex on some silver platter in a boar's mouth, all he got was...

"So I was going to try to think of a cool way to tell you this but I am about to freak out and I just want you to know this so I am just going to tell you. I am pregnant. I just took a test and I am pregnant. That's why I had the water running because I didn't want you to hear me open the test and stuff."

He says, "What? Oh my gosh.  I wondered why you had the water running for so long." :) (So observant.)



So Charlotte found out on the day she turned 10 months old that she is going to be a BIG SISTER!!! She is so excited. Can you tell from this picture????


Shocked... and looking beautiful at 7 am :) Don't be jealous but I do have to say, I always look this good.


We are so excited to be welcoming Baby #2!!!

Our due date according to dates is August 9th, 2012.

Now that it has sunk in, we are BEYOND thrilled!


P.S. Random little factoid.  I found out on June 8th (my sister Mary's bday) that I was pregnant with Charlotte and I found out on December 8th (Mary's 1/2 birthday) that I am pregnant with Baby #2. I found out about Baby#2 exactly 18 months after finding out about being pregnant with Charlotte :)
 Also, Charlotte's birthday is February 8th and I am due August 9th (18 months and 1 day apart).

No comments:

Post a Comment