Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sawyer's First Birthday Party...Part 1

Clearly I took A BUNCH of pictures at Sawyer's FIRST birthday party :) I went ahead and am separating this into two different posts (just so my computer and yours doesn't crash.)

We went with a blue and green theme... a swimming/beachy theme if you will :) We had the party at Mom and Dad's house because A.)it's bigger B.)they have a swimming pool C.)they have shade in their yard on this warm August day. (Our pathetic ONE tree just wasn't going to hack it.

Here are a few of the decorations. I thought I took more pictures of the decor but apparently not. We had pictures of Sawyer from his first year of life in frames all around the house and on the deck outside. 



We brought toys from our house and Mom and Dad have a bunch of toys that all of the kids could play with.

Sawyer and his cousin Wayne (they are third cousins and they are 6 months apart.)

Sweet Ella hanging out in the playhouse.

Charlotte was ready for the party. My cousin Eric and his wife, Amanda and son, Wayne came up to visit the night before and Amanda helped get Charlotte dressed and did her hair (she won't let me do her hair on a good day.)

Here is the BIRTHDAY BOY... playing in the mulch.

We had Italian beef and pulled pork as the main course. We had chips, mac n cheese, corn on the cob, and a bunch of random food. It was pretty delicious. I did most of the food and Mary made the rest. Mary and Aunt DiDi ran the kitchen with help from Grandma. I couldn't have done this without them!! If I hadn't had their help (along with Amanda helping with the kids) it would have ALL been a hot mess.

My cousin Ryan made the smash cake. It was a beach ball!

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Dear Sawyer. Happy Birthday to you."
(The candle wouldn't stay lit.)

The fish came out of the water to see what was going on....and she heard there was cake.

Hmm...tastes pretty good!

Charlotte: "I'm just going to try a yittle bit."

I think he loves it!

Love those teeth! They make him seem so old.

Ooops. Got his sister with the icing. He is probably telling her to go away.

YAY!! I LOVE CAKE! (And my birthday... and presents...and cats....and lots of snacks.)

"Mom! Why do you always make me pose with lame hats???"

Time to hydrate. This has been a long, strenuous process. Thanks Great Aunt Kathy for the bev.

"Momma, I'm all done. Get me out."

No comments:

Post a Comment