Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Four Years Of Wedded Bliss...

On August 7, 2009, I married a dashing young man. He stole my heart with his Marine Corps getting deployed story and after a short four and a half months of dating, he proposed to me on a beach in North Carolina. He proposed August 16, 2008 and deployed August 22, 2008.  He returned home safely in March and we were married August 7 , 2009 surrounded by family, friends, and the beauty of South Carolina.


It was my dream wedding...in a place I didn't really know existed in the deep South.
cc

So, for our four year anniversary, I put on my wedding dress, Alex a tux, and we flew to Jamaica for the day. Just because.


Ok, so no, that didn't happen.

But Alex did bring a neat car home from work for us to drive. We went out for a nice dinner all dressed up and fancy. I got him a bag of crap from Target (there was a nice shirt inside with the crap.) We enjoyed a delicious meal at a restaurant downtown while Gigi and Pap watched the babies. Alex had a beautiful flower arrangement sitting at the table waiting for us when we got there.



We didn't have a crazy night and we didn't get to take our honeymoon this year, however, we got to spend time together and that is what is important. We got to gaze into each other's eyes over candlelight and takes bites of each other's steaks.


Alex, Thank you for loving me. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for marrying me and making this family with me. Every day is never the same. Every day has it's own battles. But every day I love you more. Thank you for growing into the person you are and continuing to grow and change with me. We have each other through this crazy life and that is what is so important. Love you more than Diet Pepsi...

PS Thanks for courtesy laughing at me. It really helps complete our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment