Sunday, April 21, 2013

Birthdays Are Fabulous.

On April 21st, we had ANOTHER very busy day, very wonderful day.

Emily Heflin, my dear friend Jodi's baby girl, turned one year old on April 21st. Emily has had a crazy roller coaster of a ride for her first year of life. This has included many hospitalizations with one of them being almost the entire month of July last Summer. Jodi and Derrick have taken everything that she has been through in stride and they just keep trucking. This first birthday party was so special because we were all able to celebrate the fact that they have been through a very rocky and scary road (and continue to truck down that road) but they have not lost faith and they continue to be such a fun, amazing, inspirational family.

Naturally my camera was dead and I had no idea until Jodi asked me to pull it out and take pictures for them. What a crappy feeling. I wish I could have remembered to charge my battery after taking Mari's pictures. But it was a great party. Charlotte got to play outside with "friends". We had delicious food. We met some great people. And we really really had a great time. Emily looked so beautiful in her birthday dress. She got so many fabulous gifts. It really was a fabulous party.
Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Emily.
We love you so much.

Around 3 pm, we loaded up and headed down to Springfield to celebrate another amazing birthday. Brianne, my partner in crime in nursing school, my old roommate, one of my best friends, also had a birthday this past week. She turned 31...I mean 25.... on April 19th. I drove to the winery she got married at to meet her and her hubby for some wine and when I was only a few miles away, I was forced to turn around bc the Mackinaw River was flooded. I kept trying to drive around it but the tricky thing about rivers is that pretty much separate areas. SOOOO, after quite awhile of trying to get through, I just turned around and went to Target with the kids. Naturally.

I offered to come visit her for dinner on Sunday. So we did! We got there around 4:30. The weather was fabulous. We had drinks and appetizers outside on their patio (which was fenced in so the kids could wander around). I finally got to see their home. Beautiful. I love what they have done with it. And it is perfect for them. They are even finishing their basement. It will be pretty much amazing.

Sawyer loved the apps.

He was in love with the celery.

Charlotte kept eating the bell peppers and the celery like crazy.

I was so happy to be with my friend. I have missed her so much!!!
Happy Birthday, B :)

We had a delicious dinner. Brianne had hosted a baby shower the day before and had a TON of food leftover. It was perfect. We had delicious leftovers. I really was amazing.

We had dessert and then we sat around and hung out for awhile longer.

Charlotte was so happy to be at Aunt B and Uncle Nick's house!!

We ended up heading home once the kids were ready for bed. We put them in their jammies and loaded up and headed home to Metamora. It was a perfect day with some of our favorite people.

Happy Birthday Emily and Brianne.

We love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment