Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lots Of Rain

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Mom kept the kids for me so that I could drive up to Rockford to see one of my best friends in this entire world. Tracey and I have been friends since August of 2000. She is an amazing mom and a fabulous friend. She NEVER does anything for herself. Her mom called me and we arranged for me to drive to her house and surprise her. Her mom planned to come over and watch her kids and Tracey and I could go have some much needed friend time. As I was driving, this lovely little storm was hanging out right in front of me.

I surprised Tracey. I surprised her like crazy. She started crying. She really had no idea!! (I love when that happens.) After her mom met us at her house, we headed into Rockford in the pouring down rain and hail and had a fabulous lunch at Old Chicago. We then proceeded shop for a "few minutes" before we headed back to her house.

I made the 2 hour drive home in the storm. It was terrible weather. Completely terrible. I saw so much flooding. I made it to Mom and Dad's house to get the kids and we made it home in between storms. As I was bathing the kids, I could hear the rain just pounding down on the roof. Then, when it stopped, I heard a four wheeler outside going all around. I finally looked out the window and our cul-de-sac was flooded. Alex's work SUV was parked on the street and the water was almost going into the engine. I called my Dad and he drove up to our house ( about 7 minutes) and helped me get the car moved and helped me move the other car in the driveway so that Alex could fit and not be in the water.

It was crazy.

The next morning, it was still raining.

This was our side yard the next morning.



The kids were so sick of the rain. They wanted to go outside.

Do you love the crumbs on her face???

A perfect profile.

Bored with the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment