Monday, April 22, 2013

Another Quick Trip Down South

On our way to Brianne's house on the 21st, I talked to my Grandma Millie about the Illinois River flooding. Her and Grandpa live 3 blocks from the river and the river has been flooding and rising like crazy. The whole family is concerned. So I called Grandma and invited Alex and myself to come help them get stuff ready in case it did decide to flood their house. Grandma was annoyed that we wanted to move stuff (right, Grandma?) but I didn't care. I told her we wanted to come visit anyway so we might as well just git 'er done. Eventually she caved... mostly because I am her favorite.

So, we left Metamora around 1 pm on Monday afternoon and headed back in the same direction we had come from Sunday night (we drive through Springfield on our way to Grandma's house.) Alex's boss let him off of work early to go help. We thought that was lovely.

We went to Grandma Ann's house and let the kids play outside.
It was a pretty nice day.
Wayne and Eric were out at Grandma's house visiting.
Charlotte talks about Wayne ALL OF THE TIME.
She was so excited to see him.

I love this picture of them. I don't know why.
Maybe bc I feel like Sawyer is looking right through me in it.

Alex loves the four wheeler. We are all teaching him how to drive it.

Sawyer sat down and had a snack with Liss. 
This child LOVES food.

Snack time!!

We had a great afternoon playing. We ate a delicious dinner and just hung out at Grandma's house.
It was a pretty great day.
We are so excited and anxious to get to Grandma Millie's house to get things going.

No comments:

Post a Comment