Saturday, March 24, 2012

One. Last. Bottle.

On March 24, 2012, at 13 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days old, Charlotte had her last bottle. It such a bittersweet moment.We had been over at the Price's house for dinner and on the way home, I handed it to drink while we drove home. I had been weaning her off of the formula and onto the whole milk since February 10th. She's had multiple bottles since then that were all whole milk and she didn't seem to mind. So with this last bottle, we used the last scoop of formula. 
It was so bittersweet. I mean, I hate cleaning the bottles and sterilizing them. BUT this is just more proof that my baby is growing up. No more bottles, now, just big girl cups (well, sippy cups.) I wish she understood when I told her this would be her last one so that I know she enjoyed it. Now let the new bedtime routine start. Oh joy, we finally had something that was working and now we have to change it.

Bye, bye, formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment