Friday, March 30, 2012

A Few More Days With Gigi...

On Wednesday, March 28th, Charlotte, Mom and I went to Mount Pleasant to their new-ish Waterfront Park. We were going to meet Niki and the boys but they had had a rough night so she opted to stay home with them for the day. Oh, what we have to look forward to in a few months!

The park in Mt Pleasant is great. It's a big, long, really sturdy, cement fishing pier. No one was fishing but we were able to see big  boats, lots of birds, and some tourists with fanny packs on. It was awesome weather.

Charlotte loved the swing with Gigi.

She was loving it all...

Squealing, shouting, screaming.

Her facial expressions completely crack me up!

Kisses from Gigi.

She was looking for "ish". (Fish)

It's so crazy seeing her walking around by herself. It's a sight that is so hard to get used to. She just looks so grown up.

Such a beauty.

Big and small.

After walking along the pier, we went to the playground so Charlotte could swing and play.

Charlotte: "Hey, who are those kids? Do you think they'd play with me?"

Charlotte: "This is so much fun!!! I LOVE swinging!! Now, do you think those kids would play me?"

Charlotte: "Ok, I'm done. Let's go eat."

After Waterfront Park, we went to lunch with Diane at Easy Bay Deli (yummmm) and then went to find a few special things for Easter from Gigi and Papa. I spent Thursday having a "Mommy Day". I went to the beach by myself and I went out with the girls for dinner and dancing. Mom and Charlotte played and played and played ALL DAY LONG. They loved their day together. 
Friday it was time for the fun to end. We got up and took Mom to get her hair did at the lady who did our hair for my wedding while Charlotte and I met up with Amelia and her friend for breakfast. It was really good to see her! It was then time to fly to Atlanta to see Alex and then time for mom to fly home. 

Thank you, Mom, for coming out here for the week. Thanks for all of the cleaning, packing, playing, and taking care of both of us that you did. Thank you for getting up with Charlotte EVERY morning so I could sleep as long as I wanted to (even though I felt guilty so I got up with the first waking instead of falling back asleep.) Thank you for letting Max and I get some quality time together in. And Charlotte loved every minute of her time with you...so did Max. It was a perfect week. We are excited for the weeks to come :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment