Monday, March 19, 2012

It's not goodbye, it's see you later...

It was such a great week with Aunt Kathy. Charlotte was able to have a playmate allll week. I was able to have a grown up to talk to as well as a built in babysitter. I got to run to Walmart by myself. I got to run into the grocery store while Charlotte was napping in the car and Aunt Kathy people watched all of the crazies at the Johns Island Publix. (And there are many. So many people come from the sticks bc this is their closest Publix.) I was able to mow the lawn and use the weedeater. I was able to mop the floor and take my time doing it. I was able to get all of my laundry caught up and spend time with my little kitty cat. I was able to talk on the phone to my friends that needed to talk without a crying child or a child just wanting attention in the background. I LOVE being a staying at home mom and I am definitly surviving being a single mom right now, but it was so awesome having someone I love and trust and have known my entire life there with me and Charlotte for 8 days.

Their last morning snuggles together.

Charlotte was so thankful Aunt Kathy brought her Ipad with tons of pictures and videos on it. How hilarious is this picture? She's totally got the nurse part down.

Every meal Aunt Kathy had, Charlotte had to have some too. This was their normal position, 2 times per day.

Before our trip to the airport... a few last pictures. I love Charlotte's thoughtful look.

Too cool for school :)

These two were a package deal all week. They were two of a kind.

"Kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait for me, hold me like you'll never let me go. 'Cause you're leaving on a jet plane..."

One last look for the alligator and point out all of the ducks session. They spent the entire week outside...why not spend the last few minutes together out there.


Thank you so much for coming to visit, Aunt Kathy. I know it's expensive to come out here and I know it's never easy with all of the airports and flights. Thank you for giving up 8 days of a normal life and coming out here to help chase Charlotte and keep me company. We loved all of it... the cartoons, the movies when we had grown up time, the "snacks", the cookies from Walmart, the trip to the beach, the walks, the talks... Thanks for giving up time with your beautiful new grandbaby to come out here and be with us. Thank you for coming with me to see my newest bundle of joy...via ultrasound. You are fabulous. We will see you VERY soon.

It's not goodbye, It's see you soon. WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment