Friday, September 6, 2013

Small Town Spirit...

There are certain things that are so great about living in a small town. A traffic jam is four people at the four way stop. Or having to wait 2 minutes to get across 116 onto Washington Blacktop and four cars are behind you waiting. I love that there is only one grocery store. I love that there is a Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings in the summer. I love that I feel safe no matter where I am.

I love that we can go play in the town square. On Thursday September 5, 2013, the kids and I headed up to the town square. We packed a lunch and took a blanket and played at the town square.


It's a historic little place.



The kids loved it.

By the time we got home, it was nap time and they slept fabulous!!!

On Friday September 6, 2013, the kids and I also headed to the high school football game to enjoy the small town atmosphere. I took them in the double stroller so I could keep them tied in. I was a bit nervous bc I hadn't been to a game in like 13 years but I knew I needed to go while it was warm enough to take the crazies. We saw Uncle Poop right when we walked in. We sat and watched the band practice for forever. 

We did walk around and I ran into some friends from high school. They both had kids Charlotte's age so she was in heaven. It was so great to see them and we made plans for a playdate.

It was a great week of small town life for us. Taking to kids 2 and under anywhere can cause anxiety and be frustrating but I try hard not to let anything intimidate me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment