Friday, September 13, 2013

A Night At The O With The Fam

On September 13, Mary and I headed down to Grandma Ann's house to hang with the family and go to the Oasis (a bar/restaurant) in her town where a friend from high school's band was playing. Jake and the Naked Truth came up from Nashville and was playing at the bar that night. 

We went up to the Oasis for supper. Alex had to work so it was just me and the kids. We went with Grandma and Mary and planned to meet everyone up there.

Me and the best things I ever did.

When the band got started, so did Charlotte.
Check out her sweet dance move here. She always finds friends. She was dancing around with all of those kids...and she had no idea who they were.

Grandma had had surgery the week before on her foot so she was kind of gimping around.

She was a dancing fool. She got VERY mad when I made her leave. She cried and carried on because she didn't want to leave her friends. Sawyer was tired and just needed to get to bed.

Didi and her two beautiful girls.

I took the kids to Grandma's house around 8 pm. I got them both to sleep as Grandma and Katie were getting out to Grandma's. They listened out for the kids in case they woke up. I prayed they wouldn't.... (and the didn't.)

I headed back up to the O to hang with all of my cousins.
Can you spy the creep in this picture???
Mary loves to photobomb....
Jake and Alicia

Creep in the back again.
Anne Marie came from Jeff City to see all of us. She got to the bar around 10 and hung with us for an hour then headed out to Grandma's to see her and her gimpy foot.

Siblings... Aunt Kathy had already gone home and Uncle Jim had other plans. I think Rich was technically gone too :)

We were posing for a cousins picture waiting for Caleb, Jake, and Chad. Kurtis was just standing weird in front of me so I did this inappropriate thing. It made me awkward. She said, "Oh Sarah. No."

He loves his girl cousins (and Alicia)

This is a good picture of all of us.

Cousins. Love my cousins.

Mary is a good time.

So, when Jake was done singing, I was walking around with my big mom camera around my neck taking funny pictures. This guy asked if I was working for the paper. I said "yes. Of course. Would you like for me to take your picture?" He said "Yes." So I did. He didn't like the picture and wanted me to erase it. I said, "No, front page."

So then the longer I stood there I just kept thinking, "I know this guy from somewhere." I kept trying to place him. Finally I asked him where he was from, etc. Turns out he was a bouncer at a bar I used to go to frequently in college. I knew I knew him. Sad that 9 yrs after graduating I still remember the bouncers.

Great job Jake! He really sang great!
After his show, we got to hang out with him and his wife and have a few drinks. They actually had a night where they didn't have to worry about there kids since his wife's family is from the next town over. It was great to see them :)

Cousin Shots!!

Check out frowning girl with the arrow pointed at her. Do you think she is mad she wasn't getting a shot??? This picture is priceless in my head.

Didi took a shot too. Uncle Grant was super excited.

I love this pic. Rich is serious. Uncle Grant is laughing hysterically in the background.

Uncle Rich was super excited about his new phone. I wanted so bad to play a trick on him that included his phone....

We had such a fun night. It really was great. We closed the bar down. Chad drove Mary and I back to Grandma's house. Her and Anne were waiting up for us. It was so nice to just get to have fun with my family :) We are always a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment