Friday, July 20, 2012

Our Week With Gigi

On Sunday July 15, 2012, we took Aunt Kathy to the airport and dropped her off with her friend then went and picked up Mom. Charlotte and I stood and waited for her. I actually had Charlotte yelling for "Gigi" as we stood at the top of the escalators waiting for her. But by the time Mom got to baggage claim (the train was broken) Charlotte had stopped saying it. Charlotte was so excited to see her Gigi. It always makes me happy when Charlotte recognizes family. It's hard being 13-17 hours away from the Weber/Schumann family. I always feel bad when Charlotte doesn't remember people. But she did remember mom. :)

It was the perfect week for mom to be here. On Monday we ran a few errands and went grocery shopping...which was MUCH needed. I had a doctor's appt on the Tuesday of the week that she was
here. It was going to be at least a 3 hour long doctor's appt and Alex ended up not getting to take his normal Tuesday off. So I got up early and went to the doctor for my blood sugar test... which I failed. Gestational Diabetes it is. Let's just add something else to be worried about... I was then able to go to lunch BY MYSELF (I actually really enjoyed this.) and get some shopping for the baby done. It was a SUPER productive day even if the stress of everything gave me a MASSIVE headache. While I was gone, Charlotte and Gigi had a great day together. They played and played and played. It was a perfect day for them. Charlotte loved her one on one attention as usual. 

On Wednesday, we went to lunch and went to get a few more things for the baby and Charlotte.

Charlotte and Gigi ready for a delicious lunch.


Charlotte will NOT smile at the camera bc that's what we want her to do. However, she WILL smile at people.

Someday Charlotte will probably hate these pictures.

We went and got the baby a little bed/bassinet for it to be able to sleep between Alex and I in our bed in a SAFE way but mostly bc then we don't have to have 2 pack n plays in Illinois in August. I also finally found a boy coming home outfit for the baby... (I got the girl one the day before. It's girly as ever.) It was so helpful to have help in the stores and at lunch. Charlotte is a busy little creature!!!

On Tuesday, I had also picked Charlotte up a big girl potty. We are just getting her used to the idea of the fact that you sit on it (and not straddle it) and getting her used to seeing it. I'm not getting all into that until after the baby gets here and we get settled. Then we will try it.


Such a big girl :)

 Thursday July 19, 2012, I had to go back into Columbus for a Diabetes Education class. So Charlotte and Gigi had more time together. I had more random errands to run so it was fabulous to get to leave crazy at home. They actually cleaned the entire house while I was gone. WHAT A HUGE HELP!!! But when I got home, we decided to pool it up for awhile. You KNOW Charlotte loves her some good pool time...


And she LOVES to pour the cold water on everyone's backs.

She HAS to wear shoes outside. She HATES the feeling of the crispy grass below her feet.



The jungle gym becomes steaming hot so she really just stands up on the top of it and tells us it's hot. But eventually when it's not so hot, she will hopefully get tons of use out of it.

As always, Charlotte loves her bath time...esp with other people. And she loves her bubbles and her colored water.

On Friday, I had to get up and go back to the doctor for my NST. I ran more errands and finished my productive week off. We then hung out at the house for a few hours before we dropped Mom off at the transportation office. She took the Groome Van from Columbus to Atlanta and they dropped her off right at the door. She said it was great...and as an added bonus, she got to sit and talk to a military man the entire drive. Anyone that knows mom, knows that was a great day in her life.

Thanks for coming to play, Gigi.

See you in 2.5 weeks when the baby gets here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment