Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas!

Oh how I love Christmas time!!! I love the trees, the lights, buying presents for other people, the sea of red before me in every single store I go to (LOTS of people wear red when they Christmas shop), the cookies, the parties, the plaid, the lawn decor, etc... You get the picture. You know, growing up, Dad always bundled up on a Saturday morning and when outside and hung the lights around the house. You'd hear the creepy noises of him being on the roof, usually a curse word or two, and by lunch time the lights were up. It was like magic.

Now, we are older and have to actually do the work ourselves :) Alex works every Saturday...no matter what... and he works the last Sunday of every month. Well, since it gets dark around noon these days, we only had a few minutes to decorate when he got home from working at 5 on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Even though we only had a few minutes, the house still looks nice :) (It looks better than our neighbors :)  )

 It always takes the longest to get the lights untangled...

 Our crazy kid was in amazement of how the lights worked. She LOVED them!

 All... most... done...

 The porch. Notice the wardrobe. Yeah, it was 75 that day. Charlotte looks a little WT. Don't judge. We have changed a few things up since this pic. There is now greenery and red beads around the columns, there are lots around the rocking chair, and the red bow has died. Apparently the area bt the glass door and the real door is like 200 degrees. Well, the bow melted. I took it back to Kmart. They were SHOCKED I tell you.

 From the street... for a 15 minute work job, no too shabby.

 Well, after the tree had been in our dining room (there is not enough room in our living room) for 5 days, we decided to finally decorate it.

 "For me?"

 "You want me to put this where?"

 Baby's First Christmas... her ornament from Papa Jack and Granny J

 A picture with mommy!!! We are a on a roll with these!!!

 Helping daddy hang his Marine Corps ornament... Sgt Jackson

 So I should have known that Pujols would get traded... or choose to play somewhere else. Charlotte helped me hang my FAVORITE ornament. Well, as we were hanging it, it fell and his foot fell off. I should have seen it as a sign. I should've known he'd no longer be a Cardinal. Stupid Pujols.

 And Tree is decorated! Don't be jealous of the zebra curtains.

"J" is for Jackson. I know, so clever.

It's Christmas time y'all!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment