Tuesday, November 8, 2011

9 Months Old!!!


Date: November 8, 2011

Weight: 17 lbs

Height: 28 inches

Teeth: None but her gums are really hard and they look white underneath. She may not have teeth but she can gum the heck out of things.

Clothing size: 3-6 months and 6-9 months. She is mostly wearing 6-9 months though and she is wearing size 3 diapers.

Naps: She is taking a morning nap about an hour and a half after she wakes up in the morning and then take an afternoon nap around 2 or 3 pm ish. Once she gets fussy, she gets the chair :) I still rock her to sleep before naptime, contrary to what the pediatrician says I should do for naps.

Sleeping: Although my little love bug is not sleeping through the night yet, she will be soon!!! She seems to get up once or twice, sometimes more, a night. Sometimes she has gas, sometimes she has to burp, sometimes she just misses me. I generally rock her back to sleep and put her back to bed. However, that has stopped this week. I shall blog about that later. Must keep it all in order that it happened. She does sleep in her own crib in her big girl room most of the time.

Health: My lovely little Goose's skin is looking fabulous right now... for her. There are a few eczema spots on her skin but not like she has had in the past. We give her oatmeal baths occasionally and if it she has a break out, we've been turning her humidifier at night. As for her reflux, she still spits up. We have some colorful little spots on the carpet still :) I am hoping that once we eliminate formula from her diet, it will be better.

Eating: Charlotte still loves to eat. I am still making her baby food but I really haven't had to make any recently since we've been travelling so much. If we are eating out at restaurants, etc, I take Gerber, or the squeeze packs from Plum Baby or Ella's Kitchen. She does well with them. She loves snacks... puffs, cheerios, yogurt melts... I stopped nursing her 1 week shy of her being 9 months old. She is such a gassy baby that I wanted to try something different. I called her doctor's office and ask which formula they recommend I switch to. We switched to Soy formula, all of the time. So, we try to get at least 4 bottles in her a day... sometimes they are 4 oz, but usually 6 oz. We are excited to start advancing her diet once we get the ok from Dr. Leonardi...

Activities: Well, she's a crawling fool! She's getting so fast. I have to close the door to the bathroom when I shower now so she doesn't make it to the stairs before I get out of the shower. She pulls up on everything, and sits herself down well from standing. I'm trying to teach her to play on her own. She's doing so much better at it now that she can explore on her own. She's cruising around like crazy and she still loves to jump in her Johnny Jumper. She is really really really active. She never stops moving.

Friends:  Charlotte is just so popular :) Kidding. She does love to play with kids. During her ninth month, she played with Gavin a time or 2 and she was able to play with all of her Illinois friends. We are still working on our space issues. As soon as she sees a friend, she is all up in their grill, poking their eyes out, grabbing their nose, etc. We are going to start trying the gym nursery again. Ever since we went to Illinois in the  middle of October, her stranger/separation anxiety has decreased quite a bit. We are actually going to try the gym this morning after her nap :) Cross your fingers that she likes it... 

Charlotte continues to amaze us everyday. She has the absolute craziest personality. She makes hilarious faces. We are working on sharing, blowing kisses, itsy bitsy spider, walking in her walker, and patience. We are working on everything, essentially but these are some main things we are trying to get down pat. During her 8th month, her and I went to Illinois, Ella and Auntie Kate came to visit us, she had her first Halloween, such a busy month!

The three pics on the top of this are from me trying to get her to lay in front of the sign for her comparison picture. She didn't want to cooperate. :) The bottom pic is from her doctor's appt on Monday. I will have a post about that later :)



To be continued... at 10 months :)

1 comment: