Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Celebrations

On Memorial Day, we woke up at Grandma Ann's house. We got ready and headed over to the Memorial Day celebration taking place in the park in Kampsville where my Grandma and Grandpa live. Grandpa served in the Korean War. He is part of the Legion post in Kampsville. He is also mayor of the town so we knew we needed to be there. Naturally we forgot that there is a ferry that connects the two sides of the river. So we were late. Like 10 minutes late. Oh Well.
 
We got to be there for it.

As we walked up, these lovely gentlemen were getting ready to shoot their guns.

Clearly Charlotte didn't like it.

My boys...

 
Small town USA saluting America.
This, my friends, is what it is all about.
This, my friends, is the area of the world that I want to raise my kids.

My Dad gave a speech about my friend Tyler that was injured in Iraq in 2004. It was such a good speech and made Dad and I cry. (Not shocking). I love Memorial Day. I love celebrating the lives of the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom. I love remembering them and their families that they left behind.
 
This is my Grandpa.
He is a hero.

These two have the same hair.

Kisses for Great Grandma.

These two are brothers.
They are both veterans.

Mom plays taps every year at the Memorial Day program.
 
Mom, Grandpa, Aunt Bev, Mom's two cousins, and Uncle Deener.

Uncle Deener and some of his grandkid crew :)

Charlotte was in rare form.
That usually happens on big weekends :)

This is such a good picture of these two.
I'm very proud of it.

After the steaming hot celebration in the park with bugs all over us and biting us, we headed to the American Legion hall and ate some delicious food.

Sweet Charlotte and Great Grandpa Redeye.
They were sharing secrets.

Hugs and kisses for Great Grandma.

After lunch we headed over to the swimming party at Aunt Diane's pool.

It's always a big party!

Such a fun family!

Katie is cool.

Charlotte sneaking a drink of my Moto soda.

Swimming with Daddy!!!

Liss and Kyla hanging in the pool!

Aunt Kathy isn't exactly a fish in the water but she jumped off of the diving board anyway :)
Gotta love her!!!
(We sent all of the boys down to help if she needed it.)

Didi bought all of the kids some sort of blue slushie things. They LOVED it.

Clearly Alana preferred other things.

A big blue mouth....

Kyla was down to business. She was determined to finish her slushie!
 
We had a great day at Aunt Diane's house. Mom and Dad ended up coming over to Aunt Diane's. Dad and Alex rode home together. Mom rode back to the villa with the kids and I. We spent the night at the villa and went to St. Louis the next day. We had such a great Memorial Day Weekend!
 
A big thanks to all of our family for the fun and thanks to my cousin Melia for taking our pictures on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment