Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kicks McGee

The feel of a kick from your baby is one of the coolest yet creepiest things ever... in my opinion.

I felt the first kick on September 7th, I was 17 wks 1 day preggo. Alex and I were "sleeping"... of course I wasn't bc it was like 6:30 am and that's just not something my body likes to do. I was laying there and I felt this little "pop" or "push" from the inside. I knew it wasn't gas. My gas doesn't like that :) It was awesome... and freaked me out a bit. I put my hand down on the part of my growing belly to the spot where I had felt the kick. I felt like a flutter under my skin. So I woke up sleeping beauty next to me and told him. I was expecting a party bc this was a HUGE deal. Instead he rolled over and said, "Well, that just means you can feel it and I can't, right?" I say, "yeah." He rolls back over and goes back to sleep. End of story. No party.

After weeks of trying to make the soon to be daddy sit still enough to feel the baby kick, we finally were able to get the two in sync together. Alex felt the baby move on September 28th. Again, while lying in bed, I put his hand on my belly and he finally felt the kick, movement, head butt, whatever. He was like, "It knows it's dad!" His reaction was so cute :)

That was also the night I had my first real contraction. WOWZAs! I was 20 wks and 1 day preggo. My entire uterus cramped up (in a painful way) and the pain reached all of the way around into my back. It was hard as a rock. It last about 2 minutes. I was in complete panic mode for a few minutes. It hasn't happened since. So crazy. I was amazed at how hard my uterus got! I have been feeling it in patients for years but it's so different when you're the patient.

An update on cramping.... it's intermittent and few and far between. I think I am just going to cramp. As long as I am high, tight, thick, and closed, I'm fine with it. :) I'm just living my life like normal now and will pray not to go out on bedrest :)

Happy Thursday, Lovies. My next post might include a note about hemrrhoid pads :) Get pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment