Saturday, October 16, 2010

The creatures at the mall

I wish I could take pictures of people at the mall and put them in my "creepy people" folder/memory book in life. No one really just takes pictures at the mall so I would feel odd, and rude, pulling out my Nikon and going snapshot crazy. However, there are priceless people lurking in allll corners of the mall.

These were some of my favorites today...

~Drunk guy -- 50 something yr old man wearing a tucked in old guy type of T-shirt, belt, dirty Levi jeans, and chunky-clunky boots with the big fat tongue sticking up over the bottom of the jeans. His love interest was approximately the same age wearing khaki shorts that could have doubled as underpants for her, a skin tight shirt and matching boots. Drunk guy's eyes were so glassed over and drugged up looking. They were quite the pair as she dragged him to the contact solution section when he preferred to walk towards the children's clothing section. So creepy...

~Kid on the leash - I love love LOVE the kids on the leash. Alot of them remind of caged animals that finally have a bit of room to run. They are almost always pulling their parents behind them. I love the leash idea however Alex said we will never put our children on a leash like an animal. We don't even do that to our cat. So this little kid was so cute. He was a little Hispanic child that to me would have appeared like 5 yrs old but was probably closer to 2. He had a little bowl cut. He wasn't speaking English but I don't know if he was speaking Spanish either. His mom and dad were in their own deep conversation about something in Spanish he was wearing his leash/furry backpack thing pulling them forward bc he needed to get somewhere else fast. He was in the shoe section of Sears but needed out. So funny. I feel like he was going so nuts his head was literally spinning all of the way around on top of his shoulders. I found a place to sit down and watch for a few minutes. Funny.

~Rude people that own the walkways - I try to be polite to everyone I see. Being pregnant, I find that its a bit harder to perform this task bc I am realizing just how rude people are. When walking in the mall, it's common courtesy to share the walkway. I went to Sears to look at cheap running/workout/work shoes. It was the closest store to the deli I had eaten at so I went in their first. I don't normally shop there, not bc it's bad, but bc our Sears smells. I can't buy things from a location that smells... especially clothes. Since this was pretty much my first time being in there for more than 5 minutes, I really noticed the clientel (sp?). I don't think it's the store that smells, I think the people that shop their do not shower... I'm being completely serious. And they trash the store. However, not only do the customers in this store smell, but they are RUDE. I got out of MULTIPLE people's ways and no one ever said excuse me, or smiled, or said thank you. HOW RUDE. This went on the entire time I was in this store. Had their not been such a good deal on New Balance shoes, I would have hit the road. There were multiple teenage kids that basically walked by and kicked my shoe boxes as I was trying on shoes. A middle aged woman GLARED at me for walking on HER side of the aisle. I even got out of her way so she could pass by me. Maybe she wanted a red carpet thrown down ahead of her. I have decided not to go back to that store... or to avoid the mall on Saturdays which I think was part of the problem.

There were so many other people but my mind is drawing a blank right this second. There are weird creatures everywhere but I feel like the mall is a common meeting place for people of all degrees of creepy, crazy, or normal.

Happy Shopping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment