Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Peoria has a big St. Patrick's Day parade every year. Mom and I took the kids with us to the parade. Both kids were dressed in green with green beads and what not. Diana came with us as well! It was a party. I had Charlotte all psyched up for it. I promised her I would make sure she didn't see that "Redbird" or any people dressed as animals.
 
Happy St. Patrick's Day

The parade people :)
It was a CHILLY day!

She watched a bit of the parade.

This guy sat in the stroller for most of the parade. He just kept eating candy. Look at how red his chubby little fingers are!!!

And we reached the point of anxiety and intermittent hysterics.
 
These guys are in every parade in the area. They do change their outfit though. They just kill me :)
I think Alex and I need to aim to do this in retirement.

In awe of the amazingness of the grade school marching band.

I couldn't NOT take a picture of this. The assisted living bus was in the parade. It had four streamers on it and we could see their little hands peaking out the window. We couldn't even see in the windows at all. It was weird.
 
 
After the parade and after we calmed Charlotte down, we headed to Avanti's for lunch. We were going to try an Irish pub but it was an hour wait. So we went with Italian and the kids loved it.
 
Diana was a great help and Charlotte loved having someone else there to give her attention :)

No comments:

Post a Comment