Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Family Vacation: Downtown Greenville

We woke up on Day #2 of vacation in beautiful Greenville, SC. Alex spent one weekend a month here for five years in the Marine Corps. I came with him some weekends and would just hang out in Greenville. I LOVE Greenville. My one requirement while we were visiting the Midgetts besides just being with them was that I wanted to head downtown and be downtown Greenville for a bit. So, we got up on Wednesday morning and we headed downtown. The kids were going to play in the waterfalls and the adults were going to just be :)
 
These two were inseparable.

A family photo!
WHAT?
We never get family photos!

When you're the best of friends.....
I don't know what I would do without her....

So beautiful.
I admire Niki as a person and especially as a mom.

The four babes ready to play in the water!!
Check out Sawyer's hands on his hips!
He killlllls me!

The waterfalls are outside of one of the hotels in downtown. It's a little area down by Falls Park where people are expected to play in the water. There are even benches for the adults to sit on and watch. CLEARLY the waterfalls were loud. Check out my two :)

It was cooooold.
 
AH!!

Parker is a lot like Sawyer. He gets overwhelmed at times. I love this picture of him and Alex hanging out.

I love this one...

Now he is ready....
And Niki came prepared. Cups for everyone!!!

Naturally we had a man down!!! Gavin had a cut and some blood BUT he was a champ and it stopped bleeding PRETTY quick!

Watermelon!!! YUMMMMM

These kids LOVE them some watermelon :)

How cute.

There is a train theme at the waterfalls. It was so cute!

Niki is always prepared!!
When in doubt, give them all a bit of a sugary treat and all meltdowns will end.
 
They love each other :)

CHEESE!!!

This tired boy decided he needed some daddy snuggles instead of playing with the older kids.

My two boys...

As we changed under the bridge (like some real creepers) we encouraged Sawyer to take a pee outside. He did awesome. Peed all over that rock!!!
Gavin and Charlotte were so proud!

ANOTHER family photo!!

After we were done with the waterfalls and getting changed, we hung out in Falls Park and checked out the ducks.

Next to the sign that says that we aren't supposed to feed the ducks, we fed the ducks.

Feeding the ducks. I should have gotten a sign in the picture.

This one wasn't scared at all.

Charlotte was trying so hard to pet him!

It's a stare down!
 
We shall call him Ephriam and take him home and pet him daily.

I did a little photo session of Niki and Parker. As in, I took a bunch of pictures in a 45 second time span. These were my favorites.



This one just hurts my heart....


Who's sick of these family photos??
Had I known we were going to be doing so many, I would have worn something a bit more becoming :)

My handsome sunkissed boy.

Still trying to grab Ephriam.

A boy and his Daddy.

It's seriously love. They didn't need us. Just each other. It just warms my heart more than anyone could know.

Time to head back to our friends' house for lunch and to pack up for the next leg of the trip...
 
We had lunch. We got packed. Sawyer pooped on the potty for the first time. And then we headed off to Columbia to see Adam and Adrienne.
 
It was the best 21 hours. We love visiting our friends. They make us feel at home. They are family. There is family that you are born into and family that you choose. We choose them. We love them. Thank you for the best night, Niki and Ty. We love you so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment